BOOST WIKI | BoostSocket | RecentChanges | Preferences | Page List | Links List
This page is to gather some usage scenarios that might be made into examples.
- Download a web page -- Open a socket to a URL and download a web page into an std::string. (started in libs/socket/example/http_get.cpp -HD)
- Perhaps a web spider, but this is alot of code...
- Simple console based POP3 client.
The server usage of a socket is often much more demanding then some of the client scenarios.
- Implement a file download (eg:simple one-at-a-time retrieval of file data). Server accepts socket connection, takes path name as input and returns the file as chars into the socket.
- Simple http web server just serving files.
- Simple smtp/pop3 server.
- An 'instant messaging' example where you 2 peers send messages back and forth.
Disclaimer: This site not officially maintained by Boost Developers