BOOST WIKI | Boost License | RecentChanges | Preferences | Page List | Links List
Link to license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/apachepl.php
- Must be simple to read and understand.
- Must grant permission to copy, use and modify the software for any use (commercial and non-commercial) for no fee.
PASS: The license does not go out of its way to say that commercial use is allowed, though. I think we'd want to do that.
- Must require that the license appear on all copies of the software source code.
PASS: Requires copyright notice, conditions, and disclaimer on all distributions of source.
- Must not require that the license appear with executables or other binary uses of the library.
FAIL: Requires copyright notice, conditions, and disclaimer in documentation and/or other materials.
- Must not require that the source code be available for execution or other binary uses of the library.
- May restrict the use of the name and description of the library to the standard version found on the Boost web site.
Has a 1-paragraph disclaimer in ALL CAPS. Requires an acknowledgement of development by the Apache Software Foundation, which is obviously not appropriate for Boost. Also includes other Apache-specific legacy acknowledgements. We could change the acknowledgement, but the license fails on other counts.
Disclaimer: This site not officially maintained by Boost Developers