BOOST WIKI | Boost License | RecentChanges | Preferences | Page List | Links List
Link to license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/artistic-license.php
- Must be simple to read and understand.
- Must grant permission to copy, use and modify the software for any use (commercial and non-commercial) for no fee.
FAIL: The only way "any use" can be construed is via sections 3d and 4d, which require "arrangements with the Copyright Holder". [Clause 3d, 4d]
- Must require that the license appear on all copies of the software source code.
FAIL: Only requires that license appear on unmodified source. Allow for violations of this requirement. [Clause 3d, 4d]
- Must not require that the license appear with executables or other binary uses of the library.
PASS: [Clause 4]
- Must not require that the source code be available for execution or other binary uses of the library.
- May restrict the use of the name and description of the library to the standard version found on the Boost web site.
Distinguishes between "Standard" version and modified versions. Does not restrict the availability of modifications, except with accompanying conditions.
FAIL: Not sufficiently strong permissions and requirements.
-- David B. Held
Disclaimer: This site not officially maintained by Boost Developers