BOOST WIKI | Boost License | RecentChanges | Preferences | Page List | Links List
Link to license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/attribution.php
- Must be simple to read and understand.
PASS: Short, sweet, and to-the-point.
- Must grant permission to copy, use and modify the software for any use (commercial and non-commercial) for no fee.
FAIL: Seems to implicitly grant permission but does not do so explicitly. [Clause 1]
- Must require that the license appear on all copies of the software source code.
PASS: [Clause 1]
- Must not require that the license appear with executables or other binary uses of the library.
FAIL: Catastrophic failure. Not only requires that the license be visible in documentation or other files associated with binary/executable distribution, but requires that attribution appear every time said executables are launched. [Clause 2]
- Must not require that the source code be available for execution or other binary uses of the library.
- May restrict the use of the name and description of the library to the standard version found on the Boost web site.
No such restrictions.
FAIL: Attribution requirements too stringent.
-- David B. Held
Disclaimer: This site not officially maintained by Boost Developers