BOOST WIKI | Boost License | RecentChanges | Preferences | Page List | Links List
Link to license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/eiffel.php
- Must be simple to read and understand.
PASS: It is simple, as I was able to understand it :)
- Must grant permission to copy, use and modify the software for any use (commercial and non-commercial) for no fee.
PASS: Doesn't makes and difference of commercial / non-commercial.
- Must require that the license appear on all copies of the software source code.
PASS: Also suggests a IMHO good way of dealing with references to people which may be a good idea for boost.
- Must not require that the license appear with executables or other binary uses of the library. Must not require that the source code be available for execution or other binary uses of the library.
PASS (?): Allows usage in binary packages, but requires modified version to be publicly released. If I got it right, this may be done separately, so it's IMHO a good thing for boost although some folks may have a problem here.
- May restrict the use of the name and description of the library to the standard version found on the Boost web site.
PASS: Doesn't restrict it, but see the point above
PASS: Seems appropriate for boost, depending on whether you consider it acceptable that modified versions have to be made publicly available. [Discussion?]
-- Daniel Frey
Disclaimer: This site not officially maintained by Boost Developers