BOOST WIKI | Boost License | RecentChanges | Preferences | Page List | Links List
Link to license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/ibmpl.php
- Must be simple to read and understand.
FAIL. This is another lengthy license with lots of tiny-lawyer-words. It also contains various clauses that are specific to IBM. This license is confusingly phrased such that it's not clear which portions apply to the recipient of the licensed materials and which apply to the contributor
- Must grant permission to copy, use and modify the software for any use (commercial and non-commercial) for no fee.
- Must require that the license appear on all copies of the software source code.
- Must not require that the license appear with executables or other binary uses of the library.
- Must not require that the source code be available for execution or other binary uses of the library.
FAIL -- Requires that source code be available for programs delivered in "object code form".
- May restrict the use of the name and description of the library to the standard version found on the Boost web site.
PASS -- No restrictions imposed
Disclaimer: This site not officially maintained by Boost Developers