BOOST WIKI | Boost License | RecentChanges | Preferences | Page List | Links List
Difference (from prior major revision)
(no other diffs)
Link to license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/W3C.php
- Must be simple to read and understand.
- Must grant permission to copy, use and modify the software for any use (commercial and non-commercial) for no fee.
PASS -- although not specific about commercial use.
- Must require that the license appear on all copies of the software source code.
PASS-- Requires copyright notice, conditions, and disclaimer on all distributions of source.
- Must not require that the license appear with executables or other binary uses of the library.
FAIL -- Requires copyright notice in documentation and/or other materials.
- Must not require that the source code be available for execution or other binary uses of the library.
- May restrict the use of the name and description of the library to the standard version found on the Boost web site.
PASS -- I think, it doesn't restrict...
- Disclaimer explicitly mentions other copyright & patents: OR THAT THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY THIRD PARTY PATENTS, COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS OR OTHER RIGHTS.
- Adds a clause about not using the trademarks and copyright holders in advertising: The name and trademarks of copyright holders may NOT be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to the software without specific, written prior permission. Title to copyright in this software and any associated documentation will at all times remain with copyright holders.
-- People/Jeff Garland
Disclaimer: This site not officially maintained by Boost Developers