BOOST WIKI | Boost.Build | RecentChanges | Preferences | Page List | Links List
Issues for Boost.Build V2
This page describes current issues with Boost.Build V2. The issues marked with
BS are bite-sized — they don't require deep knowledge of internals
and can be quickly done by a new person. If you'd like to help with the developement,
they are excellent start.
See also /Documentation Issues.
- Better support for STLPort
- Allow declaring targets everywhere
- Inline targets
- GNU gettext support
- Investiage Bjam crash, as reported by Maurício
- More user-friendly <library> --- need to revisit Ali's proposals.
- dependency -> using + dependency
- review relevant properties (and 'make' rule too)
- allow declaring "standalone" targets
- stage --- some cleanups
- subvariant-dg --- some cleanups
- (BS) handle the case where dependency requirements of a target
refer to itself — do not loop infinitely.
- What the "right " suffix for static library on Cygwin.
- Duplication of flags between gcc.link and gcc.link-dll is very bad thing.
- Need to scan .rc files for includes.
- improve gcc — must be comparable with V1
- (BS) library order for gcc
- Some way to control default C++ flags. E.g., "-Wall" is hardcoded
for gcc. See this message.
- Find the cost of specifying all library in linker command
line. Consider linking of libraries into libraries
- BUG: generated headers are not scanned.
- Performance problems
- Dependency between two generated files.
Boost Book support
Those issues are probably all solved now, but need to take the time to check.
- should have 'default' format
- do something better that peeking at BOOT_ROOT
- catalog files.
Disclaimer: This site not officially maintained by Boost Developers