BOOST WIKI | Boost License | RecentChanges | Preferences | Page List | Links List
Link to license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/apsl.php
- Must be simple to read and understand.
FAIL: This is a *long* license, with lots of clauses, definitions, and subclauses. It does not seem to have been written with simplicity in mind.
- Must grant permission to copy, use and modify the software for any use (commercial and non-commercial) for no fee.
- Must require that the license appear on all copies of the software source code.
PASS: requires copyright and proprietary notices in all copies of source.
- Must not require that the license appear with executables or other binary uses of the library.
FAIL: "if You Deploy Covered Code in object code, executable form only, You must include a prominent notice, in the code itself as well as in related documentation, stating that Source Code of the Covered Code is available under the terms of this License with information on how and where to obtain such Source Code."
- Must not require that the source code be available for execution or other binary uses of the library.
FAIL: see above
- May restrict the use of the name and description of the library to the standard version found on the Boost web site.
Highly Apple-specific and wholly inappropriate for Boost
Disclaimer: This site not officially maintained by Boost Developers